Sunday, June 12, 2016

Week 8 EOC: The Adventure

"Viva bien en México"
Hola! My favorite adventurers, soy yo Phileas Fogg (It’s me Phileas Fogg) your favorite and oh so handsome traveler! As you can see I recently made my way south of the boarder and landed in soleado (sunny) Mexico City, where I also learned some Spanish while romancing Mexico City’s finest paso doble dancer Maria Reina. I can still feel the R’s rolling off my tongue, but that is different story for a different time. During my journeys in Mexico City I discovered flavors and spices I have never tasted before. I knew I had to have them with me, but the only way to get them was by stealing them from el baquero con el pelo de oro (the cowboy with the gold hair).  When I landed in Mexico City or should I say almost crashed and destroyed Mexico City’s metropolitan cathedral, I stumbled across a Mexican cantina. This place was filled with many colors that resembled the dessert atmosphere with an aroma of something that was sweet, yet spicy. The cantina grew very quiet as I opened the door and stepped inside. The place was full of men that looked similar to the cowboys I had seen in Texas, but with bigger hats known as sombreros. I walked up to the bar and said “Excuse me, my kind lady. May I have some water?” She looked at me confused; I could tell she was distracted by my good looks. A young boy came up and approached me, he said “agua” I then looked confused, “agua means water” the young boy said and I thanked him while giving him a trinket I had discovered in Texas. “Aqua for me!” I said to the lady, but then trouble busted through the cantina doors. Another man who reassembled the cowboys I had seen in Texas, but with a bigger hat and gold hair approached me and said “Agua here is for the weak. You will drink Mexico City’s finest tequila to prove to us you are man.” I knew right away, if I wanted to survive Mexico City, I needed to prove that I am Phileas Fogg and drink the Tequila.

No comments:

Post a Comment