Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary. ~ Sam Walton

I'll never forget the first time my family and I went to Disneyworld. We were full of excitement, but also very tired since my parents decided that the red eye was the best flight to take. We couldn’t contain our excitement and couldn’t wait to get to our Disney hotel to start the trip on the right note and of course finally get some sleep.  I remember arriving at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort at 4:30 in the morning , the bellman was so friendly,  awake, and ready to attend to my parents with every need they had, I thought to myself “its 4:30, how are you so awake and cheerful?!” We went inside and straight to the front desk where a lady named Margot was ready and eager to help. She greeted us by saying “Good morning and welcome to Disney’s Port Orleans resort! Where are we visiting from?” My mother answered “Thank you and good morning to you as well, we actually just got in from Las Vegas.” Margot responded “Well, that’s quite a trip and I’m sure you’re all ready to get some beauty sleep before heading to the parks, is this your first time visiting us here at Disney World?” My parents were quick to share their excitement and almost tell poor Margot our whole life story, but I noticed she never lost interest. She was patient and showed interest, it was almost as if she was excited for us and wanted to make sure our trip went on as planned, but then came the bump in the road. As Margot looked for our name to check us in, she informed my mom that a reservation under their name was not showing up. She could see my mom starting to panic and told her “I’m going to need a few minutes to get this fixed and talk to my manger, but while I do that let me get you some Hot coco and fresh beignets from our kitchen.” Margot wasted no time and after waiting for 15 minutes, Margot worked her magic and won over the love from my parents by booking us a new room and upgrading my parents with a suite and free breakfast for the first two mornings. I remember my parents thanking Margot over and over again. I was almost worried they were going to want to take the poor lady home, but because of Margot and how she truly went out of her way to please us, she made our Disney experience that much better. Seven years later my parents still remember Margot and remind us kids “That’s customer service.”


No comments:

Post a Comment