Monday, April 11, 2016

EOC: Voice

I’ll never forget the first time I watched “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”. I remember being so drawn to the music, the actors and the western story. My grandpa being the movie buff that he was, was quick to fill me in all the important details, “This movie was made by an Italian director named Sergio Leone; now that Blondie there, (points to Clint Eastwood) directs movies too and he wins Oscars.” I remember becoming in such awe about this new world I was learning about and decided that I too wanted to be part of this movie magic. After graduating high school I decided that I wanted to pursue my dream and study film. One thing I’ve learned and have taken with me throughout this journey is that it’s all about networking. Luckily after attending NAB last year, I was given the opportunity to sit and chat with Mr. Tom Stern himself (Tom Stern is a cinematographer who works with Clint Eastwood). After filling him in all my goals, he was very interested and in return he gave me his email and told me to stay in touch. With graduation around the corner and our pen pal friendship staying solid he said “whenever you’re ready, I’ll put in that word for ya.”

No comments:

Post a Comment